Stormwater treatment and stormwater controls were first imposed by the federal government in 1990, as a response to the Clean Water Act of 1987. It is important for everyone to be concerned with stormwater treatment. “Point source water pollution” needs to be controlled so we can all have healthy and clean drinking water. This is where contaminants can enter the waterways, such as through a pipe or ditch. Stormwater filters can help capture debris and contaminants, helping to clean up the water before stormwater runoff gets to a stormwater treatment facility. Stormwater management is critical as a lot can be done for the health of our waterways through a combination of physical, chemical and biological assessments. The flora and fauna also needs to be protected.
One of the first tools used for stormwater management is a catch basin insert. Once stormwater enters a drop inlet spillway, after going through filters where it is contained so that stormwater treatment can be done. Although most people do not know this, but domestic sewage is composed of 99.9 percent pure water. The other 0.1 percent is contaminated with the pollutants. Stormwater treatment helps us all have safer, cleaner and purer drinking water today. Find out more about stormwater treatment by searching for this topic online. More.